Thursday, November 10, 2011

CDACPC6-Candles

Here's my first entry for the 6th and final round of this progressive challenge over at CDAC. They will continue on starting with round 7 but it will be a new challenge, and I'm assuming a new prize. I am so late getting my cards done this time around, but I can squeak in three I think. Then I think I'm done with challenges until after Christmas. I am having Thanksgiving here at my house and need to get ready for it and  get out all my Christmas pretties and get ready for Santa.
I love this pretty image of candles from Daisy Doodles. I did see on this web-site that it is preferred to leave the copyright symbol somewhere that can be seen. I neglected to read this before I desecrated the image by cutting it out. Sorry to the Artist :-( .I wanted to pop up the candles to make them the focal point of my card, so for the boo boo I am to be flogged I guess. LOL
 I love how this card turned out. Traditional colors, beautiful image, lots of glitter, sparkly braid, shiny rhinestones, I mean what more could you ask for? :-)

Here's the elements I used in this card.
Stamps- Digital Candles by Daisy Doodles, sentiment from the Crissy Armstrong "Peace on Earth" set at Whimsy Stamps
Paper- White, kraft, and card base from my stash, DP from DCWV "Holiday Collection" Christmas stack
Spellbinders- Fancy Tags Two
Ribbon, rhinestones, & fancy corner stick on, are from my stash
Stickles- Gold, Silver, Tiara, and Lime green
Copics-
Holly leaves, G28, 21
Berries, R89, 29, 24
Candle flames, R24, YR07, Y17, Y13
Shading on candles, W1
Hope you've enjoyed this card. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Maureen

1 comment:

  1. Adore all of the sparklies in this card! That corner piece is just a perfect touch and your coloring is just fantastic. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete