Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sister Act Challenge DT appointment

 
 
 
 
Hello everyone. I have an announcement to make.
I have been selected to serve on the Sister Act Challenge(click on this link to go there) Blog Design team! Yay! I'm excited to work with these wonderful girls and am looking forward to seeing the DT's projects each week. There are sponsor's each week & some fabulous prizes, so come on in & join the fun! And the best part is, are you ready? It's "Anything Goes" each week. How awesome is that?
This is my first post for them & I hope you enjoy it. It's a card I made for my friend Jean's birthday which was this week.
This is a stamp from Sherri Baldy from her "My Besties" Etsy store.
The cardstock is from my stash. The Japanese sentiment I generated from the internet & it is supposed to say "Happy Birthday" but how would I ever know if it isn't?
 The little flowers were made from  a Magnolia Doohicky die and the centers from a misc. punch I have in my stash as well. Instead of leaves I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz Flourish die & chopped it up to look like branches. The corners & dragonfly are Cheery Lynn & the frills around the image are a Marianne die which I cut twice & then cut them in half to fit each side of my image. Oh I believe I see a MS Pansy punch around the page in there also. Yikes, the stuff I come up with!
Here's a close up my little Geisha & the Copics I used are listed below.
 
 
Skin- E000, 0000, W3
Cheeks- R30, E0000
Lips- R32, CB
Eyes- E37, 35
Hair- C7, 5, 1, W3
Flowers on Kimono- R32, 00
Fan, waist wrap, skirt- R32, 30, 00, W3
Aqua- BG75, 72, 70, W3
 
Thanks for stopping by & come back again!
Hugs,
Maureen
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Maureen another fantastic colouring.
    congratulations on your DT post.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment. I have a question as I am new to the challenge circuit. Do you know anything about the "My Besties" challenge blog? If so here is my email address & I have a few questions for you. Thanks
      maureenrussell@centurytel.net

      Delete
  2. Maureen, your cards are simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment. All are greatly appreciated.
      Hugs,
      Maureen

      Delete
  3. Maureen
    What a cute card!! Your Blog is humming along! I'm so proud of you that you got a spot on a Design Team! Yahoo! Keep up the amazing work! You are such a talented artist!
    Hugs and Love
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete