Monday, June 23, 2014

PPRS Inspiration Monday

 
 
 
 
 
LOOKING FOR THE BESTIES CHALLENGE? SCROLL DOWN TO NEXT POST
 
 
Here we are again for a bit of Inspiration from the Prickley Pear team.
 
My card today is made from an older stamp set CLR013C Scalloped Oval & Circle 4 Floral and the new D045 Flourish Die. I love this set with the little duckies and umbrellas. Here in Wisconsin we are supposed to have thunderstorms all day today, so this card is truly fitting! 
I did a bit of paper piecing on the umbrellas and added an extra one on the bottom, just because I think they are so cute! I also used some grass & doily dies from Cheery Lynn.
 
Here's a close-up of the duckie and you can see I cheated when I fussy cut them out by coloring the white edges with a little Copic marker to match so they would blend into the background. the raindrop background was created with an old Fiskers texture plate I have & I lightly sponged on
Tim Holtz Tumbled glass.
 
Thanks for joining me today for a little inspiration & be sure to check out my fellow team members listed on my side bar.
Hugs, Maureen
 


5 comments:

  1. How sweet is this Maureen and like how you have carried the three little ducks to the coloured buttons.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen your little ducks with umbrella's are to stinkin cute!! Love the addition of the embossed raindrops and die cut grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Maureen. The ducks are the cutest and your card is just ducky. Pun intended. LOL Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! This is sooooo sweet!!! Adorable ducks all in a row!!! I love how you "cheated" with the fussy cutting, it's perfect!!! Pretty embellishments, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very sweet! Yes, a rainy season for sure in WI! Love all your details once again you nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete